There’s nothing richer looking than gold makeup! It’s our top go-to colour for the holiday season and is seriously trending right now amongst the celebs. If you haven’t seen the pics of MUA Pat McGrath giving Kim Kardashian the Midas Touch, you have to go look it up.
This look that I’ve done is more for daytime wear. It’s light and subtle, yet noticeable. I’ll do a night time look featuring a more dramatic gold eye sometime in the next few weeks.
GET THE LOOK
1. Highlight those cheekbones like you never have before. It’ll really tie in with your gold lids.
2. Next, apply your gold shadow all over your eye lid, your inner corner and tear duct, your crease and your lower lash line.
3. Blend in a brown shade to your crease slightly to add a touch of definition.
4. Line your upper lash line and give it a thick, sharp wing. (In my pics below it looks like my wing isn’t straight and even, but that’s only because I’m looking down. I forgot to get a pic of how it looked with an open eye. It was sharp and a lot more intense than I’d usually do it because it added to the simple eyeshadow and made it stand out.)
5. Fill in your brows, highlight your arch and brush on mascara.
6. Line your lips and put on your lipstick.
Urban Decay Naked Palette 2: ‘Half Baked’
Inglot Gel Liner #77
Inglot HD Sculpting Powder #512
Urban Decay Perversion Mascara
Mac ‘Global Glow’ Highlighter
Mac ‘Spice’ Lip Liner
Mac ‘Velvet Teddy’ & ‘Myth’ Lipstick